Pages

Friday, July 3, 2009

women's tennis

With the men's, excuse me, gentlemen's final and the women's final tomorrow in Wimbledon, I thought it would be appropriate to voice some opinions on tennis. In particular, women's tennis.

I have a lot of respect for women's tennis, especially the Williams sisters. Not just respect, but fear. Fear of Serena Williams. I mean, have you seen the biceps on that woman? She's more ripped than any other female athlete I know. I wouldn't want to mess with her.

My biggest problem I have with women's tennis is the excessive grunting. I understand that grunting is necessary because of how hard they are hitting the ball and how hard they are working. But when it sounds like a mother seal is giving birth every time a shot is hit, that's unacceptable.

The grunting is so excessive that I am distracted from the actual match because of my fascination / disgust with the grunting.

Big offenders: Maria Sharapova and Serena Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment