Pages

Thursday, July 2, 2009

Pilot Post

In the world we live in, sports are everywhere. Face it, there's no escape from sports. Just ask my sister about her battle to get some tv time in order to get away from flipping between sports channels.

Heck, on my tv I get ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNEWS, ESPN classic, ESPNU, the NFL network, the new MLB channel, the NBA channel, the Golf channel, CSN bay area and, unfortunately, the Big 10 channel. That last channel is courtesy of my dad, a proud Northwestern graduate, still trying to get over the Wildcats' football futility during his college years.

And all this sports exposure is great because it's so easy to become a sports expert. In fact, it may be too easy what with 24 hour sports channels and many sports websites. There's a plethora of fantasy sports columnists who slave away at the computer for that 1 piece of advice that will bring you home the cash and bragging rights for your fantasy football league.

But that may be just the problem. Too many experts are out there. Too many guys in their late 20's with no job who just sit on the couch all day and kick ass in their fantasy league.

So this blog is to give you an average American teenager's take on the world of sports. Don't get me wrong, I love sports, but I'm not going to pretend that I'm a fantasy genius and I'm glad I am not that obnoxious guy who calls in on the radio and thinks he's the next billy beane.

Just a simple sports blog from the perspective of a teenager; a fresh take on the sports world.

No comments:

Post a Comment