Pages

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Back from Silver Lake


Just got back from Silver Lake up near Tahoe. Did some good board game playing, hiking, simple rock climbing, boating, napping, cooking and swimming. Stupid lakes up there are so dang cold.

R.I.P. Steve McNair. I didn't know much about Air McNair, because his heyday was when I was young. Steve McNair was immortalized in my 7 year old mind though as the hero of my Backyard Football team. Ah, good times, good times. The Backyard sports computer games were the best. Backyard Baseball and Backyard Football were superior.

Can I also talk about the Wimbledon final? That was amazing! I was waiting for my friend to pick me up to and found myself wishing that he would run late. (He did) I missed some of the last game though because I was in the car.

I hope this is the resurgence of Andy Roddick. He's really been picking up his fitness, he looked much fresher than Federer, and now should have a little more swagger.
He could have spiraled and called himself a victim of playing in the shadow of Federer, but he has worked his butt off and improved his backhand. He hit a few incredible backhand passing shots down the line.

Also, Andy looks clean in his Lacoste gear. Gotta respect that. Maybe that's how he landed such a hot wife. Check out the latest Sports Illustrated Swimsuit to see her.

No comments:

Post a Comment