Pages

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Cam Meekins


Download Cam Meekins Day Off here. 

Download Dancing With the Stars here. 

I'm obsessed with Cam Meekins right now.

He's this white, teenage rapper who grew up in Wellesley, Massachusetts. What I like so much about him is that his music is really smooth and isn't as obnoxious as most hip-hop and rap. I'm more of a smooth music sort of guy and his beats are tight and pretty relaxing. He doesn't sing about typical rap stuff like how much he gets, how rich he is, how high he gets or how he's from the hood. I respect that.  And I also like how he seems like just a normal guy, because he kind of is.

Paying my dues to the Will Petit Swagger Blog and Colum Coyne. They knew about him before I did. And check out Super Tracks, too. It's a hella dope music website by Mac Osborne. and Kyle Hutchinson

Here are my favorite songs by Cam Meekins.

"Shoot Your Love" (on the albums Dancing With the Stars and Cam Meekins Day Off): My favorite song by Cam Meekins, hands down. It's really calming, has a sweet beat and a real nice, non-obnoxious cowbell in the song. (on iTunes)

"Just Like You" (Cam Meekins Day Off): I first heard of Cam Meekins when my sister showed me this song. It's more of a chick song since he's singing about his ideal girl but the beat is really smooth. (on iTunes)

"On My Own" (Dancing With the Stars): This song is really growing on me. It's a slow song and is kind of sad but is amazing. Plus it has this real nice jazz sax part at the end of the song.

"Fast Lane" featuring Chris Webby (Cam Meekins Day Off): This song kind of has a Lupe Fiasco feel to it.

"Taken Off" (Cam Meekins Day Off): Singing about his career taking off. (on iTunes)

"Lost" (Dancing With the Stars): Really cool chorus.

"I'm Just Me" (Dancing With the Stars): Same beat as Travie McCoy's (feat. Bruno Mars) song, "Billionaire." Just better, more chill and less annoying. (on iTunes)

Cam Meekins also takes a lot of beats from popular songs to make his own songs. Here are the names of the songs and the original song it's from:

"I'm Just Me": "Billionaire" by Travie McCoy feat. Bruno Mars
"Teach Me How to Dougie Remix": "Teach Me How to Dougie" by Cali Swag District
"What I Got Remix": "What I Got" by Sublime
"Make Em Say": "Make Her Say" by Kid Cudi ft. Kanye West and Common
"Still Cam": "Still D.R.E" by Dr. Dre feat. Snoop Dogg

Broin it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment