Pages

Monday, August 31, 2009

Back to school


8/31/09

I had my third day of school today and hopefully I can get back into the routine of posting blogs. I'd like to start off by complimenting my Giants for gaining 3 games on the Colorado Rockies with their sweep of them. It was their first sweep of the Rockies since 2005 and avenged last series, where the Giants lost 3 of 4 despite leading in every game. This sweep was especially sweet because we saw the return of Timmy Lincecum to his Cy Young form with 8 innings of no runs, Zito's continued excellence with 8 1/3 and only 1 ER and Edgar Renteria's grand slam.

Last series the Rockies won an epic extra inning series finale with a walk-off grand slam. This time it was the Giants coming from behind with Renteria's shot. He also contributed an RBI double in his previous at bat.
With the return of school means the return of football and I am pumped. Just had my annual fantasy football draft over at Pete's house and the combination of pizza, trash talking and drafting got my football juices flowing again.
Menlo has its first football game of the season this Friday, Stanford plays at Washington St. the next day and the NFL kicks off on Sept. 10. Even though I don't play football there's something about football season that gets me more excited than anything besides maybe March Madness.

No comments:

Post a Comment